Supporting Affordable Homeownership in California for 24 Years
Golden State Finance Authority (GSFA), is a California joint powers authority and a duly constituted public entity and agency.
The Authority was organized in 1993 and exists under and by virtue of Articles 1-4 of Chapter 5 of Division 7 of Title 1 of the Government Code of the State of California.
GSFA has distinguished itself as a leader in housing finance in California for over two decades helping over 67,200 individuals and families purchase a home. GSFA has provided more than $462.8 million in down payment assistance and helped over 14,400 homeowners to make energy efficiency upgrades to their properties.
From January 1993 to the present, GSFA has:(1)
- Assisted more than 67,200 individuals or families to purchase homes in California;
- Gifted over $142.6 million in down payment assistance grants;
- Provided $320.2 million in down payment assistance second mortgages;
- Participated in over $10.2 billion in loan financing of first and second mortgages;
- Issued $2.7 billion in tax exempt and taxable mortgage revenue bonds; and
- Helped 14,400 homeowners energy upgrade their residential property(ies).
(1) Data current as of 12/29/16.
GSFA provides access to fixed-rate mortgage financing, down payment assistance, and mortgage credit certificates for qualifying California homebuyers.
Energy Efficiency Financing
Through the GSFA Residential Energy Retrofit Program, qualifying homeowners have access to low interest rate financing for energy efficiency and renewable energy home improvement projects, up to $50,000.
Back to top